Premier Care Homecare’s Diabetes Awareness Program is designed to offer support to patients and their family with well-planned, competent and reliable care. We’ll partner with the patient's physician to deliver the best possible care in the comfort of the patients own home.
We encourage patient and family involvement and ensure that both are comfortable with providing care. After we complete a thorough diabetic assessment, we work with the patient and the physician to create a customized plan of care that will guide the patient through a step by step plan on Diabetic Education.
Many newly diagnosed diabetics are apprehensive about administering their own insulin. They also may be concerned about learning what they need to know to move on to self-care at Premier Care Homecare, our trained nurses and therapists offer more than high quality care, they offer compassion.
- General assessments, medication management, and blood glucose monitoring
- Educate on the nature of the primary and secondary stages of disease and their complications
- Instruction on medications, diet, lifestyle, and activities
- Teach nutrition basics, diabetic meal planning, and weight control
- Educate on glucose self-testing
- Instruction on foot care, skin care, and hygiene
- Teach signs and symptoms of Hypo/hyperglycemia
- Education about peripheral nephropathy
- Identify signs and symptoms, avoid aggravations, implement treatments
- Insulin therapy - Perform and instruct on insulin injections
- Wound care
- Physical therapy available if needed
Experience the Premier Care Difference
We take our responsibility for the health care of our patients to heart. Our Diabetes program offers support to patients and their families with well-planned, competent, and reliable care. We'll partner with the physician to deliver the best possible care in the comfort of the patients own home.