Premier Care Homecare has developed a program that allows out nurses to be able to assist with a variety of anticoagulation therapy regimens that many home health patients follow. Our Anticoagulation Therapy Program is intended to educate and treat the patients on an anticoagulation regimen as well as coordinate with the physician's office regarding therapy management.
- Perform full assessment of medication inventory
- Identify possible cognitive/behavioral impairments
- Instruct/educate patient and/or caregiver on purpose and possible side effects of medications
- Perform/instruct weekly medication preparation
- Evaluate effectiveness of medication program
- Readily accessible anticoagulation records for all patients.
- On-site capillary stick testing for home use.
- Easy-to-read anticoagulation fax sheet sent to physician with updated dose information, and any information that could alter the anticoagulation dose with each visit.
- Calendar provided to patient with each visit to indicate which anticoagulant (color and tablet strength) is to be used and the daily dosage required until the next lab is due. The calendar also indicates current PT/INR results for each visit, in addition to contact information for Premier Care Homecare's office.
Patients that may benefit from this program include:
Benefits to patient and physician: